View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 07:06 AM   #34
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: How did you get into cigars?

How long ago did you get into cigars?
I "got into" cigars back in 1980.

Were you introduced to cigars by someone else or did you decide to try them on your own?
Even before "getting into" cigars, I had "snitched" my first cigar from a box of Dutch Masters Presidentes in the golf bag of someone I was caddying for sometime in my middle school years.

But it was my first year in college that I was "introduced" to first cigar. I was in college and went downtown Chicago to visit Iwan Ries to get some pipe tobacco. While there, I went into the massive (at least to me newb eyes) walk-in humidor. The own asked me if I was looking for something in particular. I told him I was actually there for pipe tobacco and had only ever had a DM Presidente, was not really thrilled with cigars, just looking. He asked if I'd ever had a "good" cigar. He gave me an Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente Maduro, snipped it, and helped me get it lit. I was amazed at the flavors.

Have you always had the same taste/preference for the cigars you smoke now, or have you done a complete 180 since you started?
I have been all over the map I like a bit of variety in my cigar tastes I am not a big fan of "strong" for the sake of stong. I like complex cigars with nice flavors that are not boring.

What were some of the cigars in your early rotation? Do you still smoke them?
AF Chateau Fuentes, AF Hemingway Short Stories, Punch Rothschilds, El Rey del Mundo Robustos, are all cigars that I really enjoyed - and still smoke most of them upon occasion, having a box of the ERdM in the humidor at present.