View Single Post
Old 12-09-2014, 08:16 AM   #2625
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's the last movie you watched II?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
CBGB. It's about . . . well, it sure as hell ain't about Country, Blue Grass, and Blues.

I was even in that place once, back about '77 or so. It was a &uckin' $#!+hole, and this flick does a good job of showing that aspect. I must confess I was never much a fan of punk, though I did like a lot of stuff from the likes of Talking Heads and The Police, and Blondie and Patti Smith did some good songs too. But mainly I felt, in the immortal words of Joey Ramone, "I can't believe we got a record contract. We suck!"

The movie is decent. It is worth 90 minutes of your life, if the topic interests you.
I seen this, I wasn't crazy about the comic book style they portrayed, but it was a decent flick, the guys who played the Ramones were great, and they should finally make a movie about the Ramones With those dudes.......I hear there is talks with Scorsese doing it.