Old 11-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #158
Victor808
How Did I Get Here?

First Name: Victor
Trading: (1)
Victor808 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Walking Dead Season 4

Ok... caught up on the last two...

Don't know anyone else's take on these, but they were both a bit slow.

(spoilers! don't read if you're behind)

The splinter group episode with Abraham was... ok. I liked the way they really portray him as almost desperately clinging on to the cure (later found out to be a bold faced lie)... and they do a decent job of showing why it's so important to him. I thought they missed a bit on showing what happened to his family... I was able to put it together, but they left it a bit more ambiguous than I'd like (in the comics if I remember correctly it was men from his own group who raped his wife and daughter, who he then had to kill with his bare hands. In this episode it seemed like it was just random guys....)

Last night's episode played out pretty much as expected, no real surprises there. It was a really quiet, subdued episode but I think it worked because it was mainly focusing on two characters who are best when they're quiet. Carol and Daryl are both so workman-like about dispatching zombies, no screaming, no crying... they're like a machine.

1 - good to see that Beth's friend found Carol/Daryl... too bad he was a d$ck about it
2 - now we know how the hospital "recruits" people who they save and keep on to work to pay off their debt... they make their own customers with a swift collision
3 - I'm excited for some terminus-level justice to be exacted on the hospital... next week I guess.

So, I know how things resolve themselves between Abraham and Eugene-the-science guy in the comics... I wonder how they're planning on playing it out in the series. Anyone have any bets? Couple good hits and they're square? A kick in the nuts? Carol style exile for Eugene? Is Rosita going to have to intervene to keep him alive?
Victor808 is offline   Reply With Quote