View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #48
WaRevo
Still Watching My Back

First Name: James
Trading: (2)
WaRevo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Tongue Bite..Va\Per recommendations?

Sorry started to write this about 3 hours ago. had it all done besides the photos. Since then I had smoked a Padron 1926 while drinking a Beer and manning the the BBQ Very nice steaks and ribs.

I don't have a Peterson Pipe. However in every pipe that I have that is bent and has a Peterson type holding area, While smoking, the pipe cleaner can only go down to the holding area. I haven't seen one yet that you could pass a Pipe cleaner from bit to the bowl. In fact it would take away from being able to clean the extra fluids from the holding area. In fact one reason I miss my Ajustamatic Dr. Grabow Regal is because it had a screw in Stinger. Where my not as old Dr. Grabow Savoy has a stinger but isn't screw in and can't be removed while smoking and if I smoke to wet of tobacco in the pipe it seems to always fill the holding area to the height of the air way and starts to send the bite my way.. So I only smoke Hearth & Home tobacco or Orlik Golden Sliced in that pipe. None of the system (type) pipes I have, Includes 8 Dr. Grabows, 3 Savinellis 1 Roma (Made by Savinelli) 2 French Bruyere pipes and a Made in Italy Oom Paul type pipe all have a extra holding area, some better then others. I can smoke them all with Aromatics or Va/Per with out an issue. Starting this writing the fist time, I have since re wrote what i was writing and even was going to start a different thread and came back here, Taking 3 pictures to address a couple of things. First picture is the best I can do to show a holding are like a Peterson in my Savinelli 622 KS That is now my favorite pipe of all my pipes, You can not see the Air way into the bowl but it is there LOL. Next picture I took while I started to smoke some Connoisseur's Choice by Peterson, was going to add to what is in my bowl thread however it kind of shows the start of the 3rd picture that is me taking a Pipe cleaner and the only one sent down this pipe the whole smoking time to show how little Moisture it took from that holding area. However it took it all that had made it there. Some Blends will be much worse. I know it is different tobacco then what we are talking about. Just trying to show what should be done from time to time with a pipe like the Peterson's system pipe to keep the extra fluids from creating tongue bite. As long as it don't have a Filter or Stinger

Maybe try Hearth & Home AJ's VaPer, It has some added Black Cav to add some sweetness.... I tried very hard to get it to burn hot and create tongue bite. Got the Pipe hot no bite. Very nice dry tobacco worth a try...

James

WaRevo is offline   Reply With Quote