Old 08-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #12
jsnake
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jake
Trading: (22)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
jsnake will become famous soon enoughjsnake will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Collecting Cigars Question

I think they increase in trade value for sure and potentially selling value. If you have a full box of something that was expensive to begin with you may have trouble selling it for a higher amount. But take singles and fivers and you may make some money. I am not saying to go price gouge other brothers but there are certain limited edition hard to find sticks that I have paid double price for and I do not regret it. I see no problem with this since someone had what I wanted and I was willing to pay their asking price. Sure I would have loved MSRP or a cheaper price but I knew it might be a missed opportunity if I passed it by.

Look on eBay at Liga Privada stuff and the absolutely ridiculous prices people are selling them for. It is insane and to me what is even more insane is that people actually buy them. I do draw a line at a certain point.

I think you would get more bang for your buck trade wise though. I took some HTF stuff from just a few years ago and traded for a large lot of HTF sticks I was really interested in. He got what he wanted and I got what I wanted.

Regardless I am in this to smoke and make friends and not to make a profit as a collector. To me it is all about the chase and finding those things I want and enjoying them on a special occasion.
jsnake is offline   Reply With Quote