View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 06:03 AM   #3800
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

I will say another thing about that blur to add to what Jeff said. The pic is GOOD. The blurred hand is NOT bad.
To me it evokes the feeling of motion in a shot with no real motion defined in itself. If you stop the action completely,
there may not be enough dynamism in the photo to show that she wasn't just Shao Lin ninja poppin. When people
see the photo, there is a 90% chance they are drawn to the face or other body parts based on particular preferences.
The HAND is only really relevant when people start to pick a photo apart for critical purposes. There is a GOOD chance
that the photo would be LESS effective if caught in perfect frozen action. All that said, I KNOW why people in your position
focus on the hand....its because you think we will and you may hope to deflect that. I do it all the time. People say
"wow, nice shot" and immediately I launch into "well, yeah, but..." Human nature. I have read the banter of enough
pros over the past two years to know, to most of them, if the eyes are in perfect focus, they don't seem to care about
much else, lol.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote