View Single Post
Old 05-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #3790
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarGuy88 View Post
I just happened to bring my camera to this show to see if I could grab any halfway decent pictures and the girls on the team really liked the good pics I grabbed.
This is what I did over Mardi Gras...I realized that I had not packed any of my fast AND long lenses, so I thought
"Well, this has to work" (55-200) and I cranked up the ISO and REALLY concentrated on my technique in being steady, used
lamp posts and such to steady myself and took a LOT of reasonably good shots. But I thought there was NO WAY
I was going to be able to shoot LONG shots at night in the French Quarter with that max aperture of 5.6. But I did.
Somehow, lol. The best thing to do with any lens, no matter the speed or quality, is to PUSH IT, make it do
things you think it can't do, find it's weak spots, exploit it's strong points. Get to know it well before you
write it off, because oftentimes we blame the gear for our bad technique, lol. ESPECIALLY with the move up
in resolution. I was a genius at 12 megapixels.....turns out at 24 megapixels, I am truly a MOOK. Still working
everyday, haha.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote