View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 03:01 PM   #3748
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

I wanted to take a moment to, not RETRACT things I said that got the Ador-ama rep in here, but to make sure that a
resolution of my issue gets in print where you all can read it. I got frustrated with the long time it took to evaluate my
"claim" that the lens I ordered had a condition issue that placed it well below the grade of lens I paid for. There was simply
a large field of large dust on many of the inner surfaces of the lens. Lots of lenses I own and you own have dust inside.
But I paid for a grade with no such 'feature'. lol. But the folks there were off a solid week for Passover, and then about
8-9 days after they got back, I still did not know if they were even considering a reduction offer I proposed.
So while I was NOT concerned that I would be ignored, I WAS concerned that their fair-as-heck 30 day no hassle return policy
would expire on me while I waited. Normally this could never be. But this was not normal. They had been gone 7-8 days on a holiday, and I figured by the time they got around to me, fair or not, they might say
"Sorry, your 30 days are up. I mean, you gotta draw the line somewhere. For $400, I couldn't risk it.

But a rep from the company signed up to the Asylum and asked me to please email her so that she could help me.
Code for "for goodness sake, shut up and let me help you." , haha. But on a parallel track, I was also getting help
from another major C.S. rep. Bottom line is they offered me VERY close to my original idea of what I'd hoped they
might offer as a reduction for the dust condition. And my offer was, as you might expect, High to my benefit.
SO I was fairy impressed with the counter-offer. Keep in mind this was a used lens, but a pricey one to be sure.
Prior to that offer, however, I had sent the lens back with return paperwork. I had to apologize and thank him,
but he confirmed that I would be given full value for the return as well, so either way, he hoped I was satisfied and I was.

I also need to REALLY apologize for mentioning even in ultra-jest, that they had smoked too much weed on vacation.
Obviously this was out of line, but never mentioned by either of them. Reckless of me.

So while I may have drawn their consternation of telling you all that I was seriously considering not be shopping
there anymore, I certainly went out of my way to be clear THEN that I did not think that anyone else should stop using them.
The product is always great, and when it it does not meet your expectations, you have the great return options with no hassle.
Those who know me from this thread also know that this did not even mean that I WAS NOT happy necessarily, because
I've spent 7-8000 dollars there in less than two years, almost none of it on new gear. Whether they know it or not,
I am the lifeblood of the used department. So ignore what I said, and know that I was made whole on my issue. I also
know what I can do myself to keep that kind of thing from occurring again. Will I shop there again? I have three places
where I shop cameras, so there is no telling. But there is no reason why not. Plus I think I have one of everything NOW.

Let's just say we'll see.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote