View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #6612
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post

I have to disagree Mike. I carry one. The 1911 was the standard US issue sidearm for all branches of the military for over 70 years. The testing done on it before it was adopted was substantial. I love the narrow frame due to the single-stack design. It makes carry a lot more comfy than many modern double-stack mag designs IMO. Plus modern reworking of the original 7 round mag gets you an 8 round mag, +1 in the chamber nets 9 rounds of .45 ACP. Plus, they feel so natural in my hand. I'm a huge 1911 fan.
I do like them and think they are very sexy, I have just seen way to many not go BANG when they should! And these are from very expensive guns that guys carry on duty…makes me not want to go on calls with them in case of a shootout and they are trying to get their gun in the game….again, my observations and .02 is all.