F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Humidor question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshay View Post
Thanks alot on the subject of HCM beads, I just ordered them but I have one question. Once I get the beads, do I have to charge them or just put them in the humidor? The instruction says no distilled water is to youch them so I assume I would just have to put it in the humidor and let them do magic....I have heartfelt beads but have to always spray water on them (about every two weeks). I assume with the HCM beads I would never have to charge them???? It would be greatly helpful to get some input into this.
HCM beads may need to be recharged periodically -- there are instructions included with the beads and they are on the web site. Basically, to raise the RH of the beads you would put them in a Ziploc bag with a recently calibrated hygrometer and a wet (distilled water) sponge (sponge is near but not touching the beads) for a short period of time -- until the RH is where you want it.

If your humidor seals well then you don't need to recharge them very often (months or longer).

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote