View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #17
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: ARGH...Murphy stikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by equetefue View Post
Jason is right. I personally haven't gone that route yet, but I built and setup a server in my house which backups every computers I have every night.
I'm the semi-computer literate person at my job and even today my coworkers still bring in their computers to me LOADED with spyware and viruses asking me to fix it for them. My first response is always "buy a mac" and my second piece of advice is buy external hard drives and set up an automated backup system. I've had to play the role of "doctor" to them delivering the fatal news of "it's all gone" and "I did everything i knew how to do"

I convinced my parents to go mac despite their protests and having to learn a new system and once they started learning they've fallen in love with it. There's not a huge difference between them other than you don't get too many viruses on them just due to the fact that they don't make a lot of viruses on macs and when one is released it's practically national news and within a day there's a patch for it. All I can really say is I'm happy with what i've got but there are ways to prevent them on PC's but backing up is the smartest first step.