Thread: 2014 MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #55
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2014 MLB Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
I second this, points A and B. My point was that baseball is, like golf, a sport depending more on skill and execution, and even some luck, than just physical ability, and the best team does not always win. The old axiom is that the worst team in baseball will win 40 games a year, and the best team will lose 40 . . . it's the other 80 that make the difference. Some days your ace loses his arm slot and gets hammered. Some days your hitters are smacking hard liners right at fielders. Some days the ump is squeezing your strike zone, or giving the pitcher all corners and more. I repeat: Baseball's weird. If you don't think so, try making a living betting on games.
You forgot something fundamental, speaking of mental, pressure, you put a AAA team in front of 50,000 rabid fans against a pro team and I would have to say that is going to cause MORE "funny bounces" for the AAA team because they will most likely be more nervous, over play balls, strike out trying to hit a HR in front of the huge crowd. 19 out of 20 might in reality be a bit much, let's go with 17 out of 20 times the pro team is going to win
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote