View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Project of the Day: Rose Box

I haven't made anything forever.
I saw this jewelry box and I need to make a Valentine for Weeze, so here I go.

It's what's called Intarsia. A bunch of little pieces fit together to make a relief. It's cool, but I've never done it. Most guys do it on a scroll saw. They make a pattern, draw it on the wood, cut it all, then sand all the pieces until they work.

I'm not feeling that at all.
I'm going to draft it for my CNC machine, let it do all the shaping of the pieces, do a little finish sanding if necessary, glue her up, stain it, and then learn how to do flocking for the inside.

I've already started modeling it and figured out how to do what I want to do, which took about a week. Not the modeling, the figuring out how I was going to reinvent the wheel part.

So, anyways, I'll post some pics as I go along.
Here's what it's supposed to look like, but I changed that, too.