View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #31
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all
Default Re: I Need A Little Help With A Handgun I'm Looking At.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
The LCP is easily modified, trigger-wise.
There are two springs. One can just be removed altogether, and the other replaced with the spring from a pen. The mod is supposed to dramatically change the trigger pull. There's also a trigger action mod. A plate can be replaced and it shortens the trigger stroke and the trigger takeup.
I guess there's a very long trigger reset on that gun that makes firing consecutive shots awkward, relatively slow, and clumsy.
It's not likely I'll do any mods at all. I'll use it more than enough to become proficient and I highly doubt I'll carry it anyways.
I like to have my ccw permit "just in case". I've had one for years and have never carried a gun on my person except for hunting or at the range. With kids around the house, the downside is too great to have guns within reach, so they're always in the safe or disabled and the parts or ammo are in the safe.
It's always concerned me that I can't get at a gun when I need one, but I'd rather take that chance than have shot-up kids, ya know?
In a short time the kids will be grown up and gone. Then I can sleep with my 9mm under my pillow.
If this is a carry gun, and in the horrible event you should have to use it, even with a "good" shoot, you don't want the prosecution finding you have modified it, (and these days, criminals familys try to crucify the good guys with increasing regularity) much less with crazy sounding common household parts.
You wouldn't want the jury looking at your weapon as a "hyper efficient killing machine" a la a highly customized 1911 replete with Zombie grips and engravings saying "the Wicked Must Die" any more than you would want that jury thinking you are a lead paint chip licking redneck (which you certainly are not, don't get me wrong) who decided to "Pimp out mah backup piece in case there wuz any scumbags that needed shootin' " without the "proper" gunsmithing (yeah, I know.....) having happened. For me, after a conversation or two with permit instructors and guys that were a lot smarter than me, a bone stock as possible defense arm would raise the fewest hackles on someone judging you, even indirectly.