View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sugguestions on knife sharpening systems

What kind of knives are you sharpening, Adam?
Maybe one of those two-slot electric deals is more than good enough?
We have some old, old, carbon steel Chicago Cutlery that doesn't hold and edge for dick, and I've often thought a knife sharpener like they used to put on the back of the electric can opener was more than good enough for them as fast as they get dull.
I just looked and they still make can openers with sharpeners. Huh. I haven't had an electric can opener around since I was a kid. I figured that was long gone.
Anyways...
Where I was going with that is that they used to have a two-slot sharpener with two different sets rotating of stones. There were also two slot deals that had two carbide sharpened edges in each slot that straightened the waves and crap on the blade and "peeled" an edge onto it.
Something in that wheelhouse might be workable, then polish with a super fine stone and oil? You might need to get inventive and find something that suits you.

The Lansky will roll on me sometimes, too. I've thought I was gonna cut my fingers off a few times, I never have, though.