View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #66
chaase321
ZOTL's mmmmm brainssss

First Name: Cole
Trading: (81)
Partagas
chaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the roughchaase321 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fourth Annual Fantasy Football for Stakes and the Troops

ATTENTION: THE DRAFT WILL BE HELD FRIDAY AUGUST 30TH at 8:00PM EST. Please let me know if this doesn’t work, we can still change this.

LEAGUE MEMBERS, Here are the changes (for the better) this season, We have had some discussion online about these, and people have had time to express their opinions. Ultimately, a decision has to be made, and being the new Commissioner, I think these changes are for the better and these are the ones I will implement this year:

***First, the biggest change: QB’s will NO LONGER receive 1 point per completion, last year we had QBs that were basically beating whole teams! Also, QB’s will only receive 4 points per TD, not 6. This should help keep QB rankings in line with RB’s and WR’s.
***Again, this is the only change this year that could have a negative impact on your draft if you think QBs are still the big scorers…THEY ARE NOT!

And now, the rest of the minor changes:
1. Kickers will no longer incur a -1 point deduction for missed FGs over 50 yards
2. The TE position will now be a “Flex” (QB/RB/WR/TE) position, we will start 8 players now. (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX, D, Kicker), 6 bench players, and 2 IR spots
3. QBs that throw for 300-399 yards in a game will earn a 3pt bonus
4. QBs that throw for 400+ yards in a game will earn a 5pt bonus (NOTE, this IS an on top bonus...so if they throw for 400+ yards, they will earn 8 total bonus points)
5. RBs/WRs that run/receive for 100 yards in a game will earn a 3 pt bonus
6. RBs/WRs that run/receive for 150 yards in a game will earn a 5 pt bonus (Same ON TOP bonus as above)

I decided to keep the Waiver Wire the same FREE FOR ALL as it has been in the past. Why change it if it has been working…which means (if you are new to the league) you can pick up Waiver’s at ANYTIME during the week after a game has been completed…you don’t have to wait until Tuesday to pick someone up, and there is no 2 day waiting period because there is no order to pick someone up…(i.e. if you want to pick up 5 guys at one time and you are the first one to click “add” on them, you get all 5 guys). SO STAY ON TOP OF IT!

Also, I decided to keep the Defensive position. Again, why change something that works.

Basically everything else is the same…which means, these changes are pretty close to being “set in stone” unless there are huge gripes from someone. This will be sent in a PM to everyone as well as being posted on the thread, so there should be NO REASON someone doesn’t know about the changes.

Thanks guys!

Remember....ITS FOR THE TROOPS!!!