Old 05-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
FUEL
Just 6 days...

First Name: James
Trading: (0)
Partagas
FUEL is on a distinguished road
Default Re: God, Viaje and overpriced Secret Sauce

Hahaha that is great! Funny how a comment I made, a complete and random stranger a thousand miles away, can make you think of someone. That happens to me a lot.

I joke with people that I was an early bloomer in that I found the Internets in its infancy back in 1989 / 1990ish, shortly after Al Gore invented in. In doing that I have now met over 500 people in person, I met online, out of the state of MN, in 13 different states. One reason that happens to me a lot.

Since a series of traumatic (to me anyways) events happened very close together impacted my life from Sept 2011 to Dec 2011 I have undergone what I call "revolution - evolution" and that sermon and your quote "the sermon was about things that we think will make us happy and actually don't" holds so much truth. I've done a complete 180 with my life and continue to evolve as a human being to live my life for the right reasons set forth by God. I'm not a bible thumper type but his divine intervention at that time solidified several things in me.

True belief in that everything happens for a reason and that God will never give you more than you can handle.

And as much as I hate to inject Hollywood into God/faith/spirituality/a higher power but its related to the sermon you heard and my revolution - evolution the movie "Fight Club" has several powerful quotes that hold so much truth. "The things you own end up owning you" and "Its only after you have lost everything that you're free to do anything."

That and I love this scene where Brad Pitt goes off on a rant:

"Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. G-damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy sh!t we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."