View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 03:34 AM   #16
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Internet Sales Tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisP View Post
That is true. And in reality all this bill does is require the consumer to pay taxes they are legally obligated to already pay, just most break the law and do not.
U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 9, Clause 5: No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.

U.S. Constitution, Article I, Section 10, Clause 2: No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

That's what they are trying to do and that's why it will take an act of Congress. Furthermore, they cannot expect foreign entities to collect it, either. Besides, like I wrote before, it'll never pass the House of Representatives.