View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #3810
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
The drier racks definitely had those larger loin pieces on them - that could have been the issue. I'm going to do my first butt this weekend. I might experiment with trimming vs. not trimming a couple of racks as long as I'm at it and see if I notice a difference.
That is good to know. I am known for being a man of too many words and too many theories
around here, but now and again when I hit on one, it makes me feel good to know I was in
the ballpark, lol. Butts take a lot of patience, and are also much more custom made for people
with good cookers. I have a versatile cooker, in that it is really just a long grill with a lid, and I build
a fire on one end and put the meat at the other. I end up with about two feet of space to cook on in
both directions. But with Butts, there is a lot of maintenance of fire with my setup, so I do them
infrequently. I also love the flavor of the smoke to penetrate a little more than I am able to do with
a butt. I love it, but don't do it very often. But ribs and western style pork riblets, those I can wear out!
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote