Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post
I'm looking at purchasing my first hand gun. I will mostly use it at the range and not primarily a conceal and carry. That being said, I have found three that I really like. The Glock 23, Springfield's XD, and the Sig P250. I love the way all three of these shoot. I'm leaning towards the Sig because it is a modular handgun and you can buy the conversion kit to change out the full size to the subcompact size when needed. Thought?
I do not like the Sig 250 its DA trigger pull is horrible, I have now played with 2 of them over the last 6 months were the owners complain of shooting chronically to the left. The last one I looked at last week had the rear sight drifted all the way over and still wasn’t shooting center..... Plus they only come with 1 mag! and last I checked the mags for them were like $39 ea(compared to $20-$25 for factory Glock mags) 4th Gen Glocks come with 3 mags.

In my opinion the Sig 250 is meant to compete with the Tarus Millennium and pistols of that appeal.

There is no one pistol that can adapt to all scenarios, kind of like trying to use a hammer as a screw driver, paint brush or level, lol . Generally “Modular” do it all designs only attract first time buyers.

Like mentioned already my Glock’s are usually my go to gun, personally if its your first CCW handgun I would recommend you look at the G19 also right now still in love with my XD's. 45 although I am not a HUGE XD fan.

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone