View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #591
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What are you roasting today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
I am leaning towards the Behmor for price but the Hottops are very ineresting.
The Hottops cool down is much faster than the Beymor, they both roast about the same amount however pricing is way different so I am thinking the Behmor is prolly better based on cost.
Thanks for your comments fellas, that will likely be my choice unless somebody has used both units and can justify the price difference.

Mr. B, what is the largest batch you can take into second crack?
Many of the reviews I watched said you really can't take more than 7-8ozs into second crack.

Bob, you mentioned doing a warm up cycle, I did hear about preheating the oven but not with the bean inside.
Interesting.

I also heard you should do a "self-clean" every 5 roasts, do you guys do this?
Figure why not preheat the beans as well. Give them a head start. I don't use the profiles as much. I go by sound. I listen for end of first crack and then go from there as to how dark I want it.

I do the self clean approx every 5 roasts or so. I also wipe down the inside with simple green before hand. The cleaning cycle burns off any SG residue and it's ready to go for the next batch.