View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #2022
dragnframe
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
dragnframe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk05 View Post
The word "correctly" here, is ambiguous. It depends on what you're looking for in this hobby. In an airtight environment - as in a vacuum sealed box - your box could taste like the day that you bought it, even after decades' time. Although theoretical since we didn't have vacuum packing technology for boxes back then to confirm this empirically, old European vendors had been using a similar technique to preserve cigars for the long-run by wrapping the boxes in an air/water resistant parchment called glassine.

There are many schools of thought on what is the "ideal" aging method. Again, it depends on what you're looking for; You have to develop a palate and figure out what you like and dislike in a cigar. Maybe you actually like the taste of a fresh cigar, much like some oenophiles who willingly trade flavor/intensity of young wine for the strong youthful tannins. Or maybe you try some vintage cigars and find that you prefer that taste.

My advice right now would be to just smoke as many cigars as possible, and just enjoy yourself. Don't overthink it!

Thanks, I starting to see this cigar is alot like drinking beer. There is a million out there to try and you wanna try them all, but as with any thing you will always have a favorite!
dragnframe is offline   Reply With Quote