View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 11:32 AM   #1316
dijit
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mike
Trading: (48)
Montecristo AirForce (Served With Honor)
dijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nicedijit is just really nice
Default Re: Wristwatch collectors out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
The other problem, even if one were to have 200K handy, it's not so easy to just buy a new Ferrari at the dealer. Their market cap allows them to be choosy who gets to buy new cars and how long the minimum ownership can be. If everyone just bought a new Ferrari and flipped it, the dealer would just increase the price.

If you want to hold something for several years, Cristal and Dom Perignon always increase in value and everyone can buy at it the same price when current at Costco, etc... See how much a 20 year old DP goes for compared to a current offering!
Very few US Ferrari dealerships have new Ferrari's and it still allows them to be very picky with their clientele. Typically a prospective buyer would need to contact Ferrari sales directly through the manufacturer and decide to apply for the wait list and if it will be a dealer pickup or a factory pickup. The few Ferrari owners I have been able to converse with have stated that typically the factory encourages them to remain on the new car wait list even after purchase and to trade in the approximately 2 year old car. Typically this results in the owner being paid for their used car between 8 and 50% more than original sticker price. Dom or Cristal both are also subject to the year to determine the price both new and aged. This is determined by the acidity of the grape based on the rainfall and relative humidity fluctuations in the region. Too much moisture can cause the grape to be too sweet making the flavor flat too little can make the grape too tart making the wine too sharp or dry. Or maybe I have those backwards.