View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #45
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Help. My Stinky is... broken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greytowhite View Post
Stinky is a very pleasant man in person and he obviously is passionate about his business and wants to provide a quality product at a good price to his customers. I know it is hard to take these things into consideration as a customer, the phrase "The customer is always right" has ingrained a sense of entitlement to many people. I don't mean to offend anyone but, the customer is not always right and can sometimes be very difficult to deal with. Having someone dump their frustrations on you daily is degrading to the soul. I try to cultivate patience in my daily life, I know it's hard to detach emotional investment from material goods as we did work to acquire these things.
First off, I never asked for anything free. I had no problem paying for a base.
Second, I'm glad you had a positive relationship with him, I did not.

If you were the Customer Service rep I talked to, I'd stop using that companies products, as I almost did with Stinky. Honestly, if you're an asshole, keep our product. Maybe Stinky should work on quality control (Which based on posts' I've read, is lacking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
I assume from your post that you know (have met) him and you think him pleasant. Many others have as well and think otherwise.

A lot of the dissatisfaction from the members here is based on first hand experience. Not getting satisfactory customer service on defective merchandise is not a sense of entitlement. It is wanting to recieve what you paid for. If you look at a business like Palio, now THAT is how a company stands behind its merchandise.
Well said Peter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevans105 View Post
If this is "customer service" for you, maligning the physical and mental abilities of your customers, please find another career.
Quite true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greytowhite View Post
I am sorry to hear that his customer service has declined so markedly. It has honestly been about 3 years since I've dealt with the man in person and in that time it sounds as if his product quality issues with outsourcing his manufacturing to India have continued. Without an in-country factory it is extremely cost ineffective to take care of returns, I understand where he's coming from as a businessman, he probably is taking all of these calls personally and is frustrated beyond belief. I get it, it's hard being pulled in that many directions.

Regarding a new career, believe me I'm taking steps to get out of customer service ASAP. It is a soul crushing, Sisyphean effort to be pleasant on a daily basis and deal with stupidity. What I have stated is a rather honest assessment of anyone working in customer service, I do not know a single person working customer service that does not curse their customers behind their backs and to each other. There is a reason that health insurers make these customer service only companies pay higher rates, almost everyone eats and smokes to get over the stressful nature of customer service.
No offense but quite whining. We all do crap we don't want to at work. Man up and be thankful you have a job.

Also you throwing a fit and insults at people isn't your best bet on a solid introduction to the forum.