View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #37
Robulous78

Default Re: Free Comacho Cigar Offer

Very true... I actually didn't mind Thompson's till 3 things happened...

I was in love with the Alec Bradley Sampler they had there... got it cheap on an auction once and it was great... so great I bought another outright off the site... (much more expensive) when I received my second sampler, the cigars had a different taste, one (the one I looked to the most) was plugged and another had burn issues...

That was the first strike... the second was a bit more personal for me...

I LOVE Rocky Patel's- PATEL BROS cigars... After looking around I found that only Thompson's had them, I went so far as to email Rocky's company asking if I could find them anywhere else by the box... they told me they sold the line out to thompsons and that the sites that still had boxes were of older stock... That just sort of rubbed me the wrong way because Thompson's is by far I find the most expensive site around....

The final strike was when I was offered a free sampler from Thompson's, after talking to the guy I asked him to send any sampler that had a Patel Bros in it... When I did finally receive the sampler (slow standard shipping) it did even have a single stick from Rocky Patel - much less the Patel Bros I was looking for...

I ordered another sampler or 2 till I was offered another free sampler, I told the thompsons agent about what had happened with the first one, he assured me they had a Rocky -only sampler and that it would be sent my way... It never came...

So from then on I vowed never to give Thompsons another cent... and after discovery of Famous-smoke and the devil site I never have...