View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #15
JPjr
Just in from the Storm

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
JPjr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Planning a trip to the New England states looking for suggestions

Boston driving isn't that bad...but it would do you good to park and walk if you have a particular neighborhood in mind. Also suggest a stop in the Trade Center area (where the tea party ships are) - the Legal Seafood test kitchen is there, and is a good meal. If you're up in Maine, Portland is a must - lots to do there. DO NOT MISS Bob's Clam Hut on Rt. 1 in Kittery - it's just over the bridge from Portsmouth (15 minutes from downtown, even less from the traffic circle) and totally worth the drive! Downtown Portsmouth is a winner - there's a small restaurant back by the tugboats on the harbor (I think it's called the Blue Crab but I might be wrong...it's been a little while). But tons to do there, as has been mentioned. There's Red Hook brewery - on the outskirts of town, they have a good restaurant too - and tours! If you take 1A out of Hampton (just outside Portsmouth) down through the North Shore area to 133 ("the long way"), you'll be heading toward some nice/scenic towns like Newburyport and Ipswich. I also recommend a detour to Gloucester and Rockport if you have time. Great scenery. Before you know it, you're in Boston.

Enjoy - it's great up there!
JPjr is offline   Reply With Quote