Fell ROTT

First Name: Scott II
Trading: (3)
JL
omowasu has disabled reputation
Default Re: iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
On a side note, I was curious to know why Apple hadn't officially made a bumper for the 5 and read an article which explained a few interesting things;

The unibody design and flush glass make it unlikely that it will crack like the previous models. Maybe not impossible, but apparantly much harder.

The bumper won't be fixing "death grip issues" with the antennae problem from the first models of 4 with the new 2 antennae design.

The aluminum body and "gorilla glass" on the 5s supposedly make it very durable.

Gorilla glass is made by Corning and is already found on some droid phones, which will undoubtedly invite plenty of "ho-hum" comments from the droid camp.
Please, please, please use a case. If you can deal with the Otterbox Defender series size, its probably the best of its kind.

Gorilla Glass prevents scratches and hazing, and offers some protection in a small drop. But when dropped from a decent distance, Gorilla Glass will shatter, and when it does, it shatters into a thousand pieces. Its just like a tempered automotive windshield. And if you try to use it after its been shattered, the glass will continue to crack as it gets warm and glass will find its way into your ear!

A couple of Android sets have had Gorilla Glass for some time... Thats how I know firsthand