F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Apple iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Currently the 3gs is free with ATT (and the 4 is $100 and the 4S is $150 from sprint)
To be fair these prices include a two year contract with AT&T.

AT&T's no-contract prices are:

- 8GB 3GS - $376
- 8GB 4 - $550
- 16GB 4S - $650
- 64GB 4S - $850

So, on the surface $200 for a 3GS does not seem too bad. It's a 3 1/2 (Calendar) year old phone. However, in "Technology Years" it is more like 15 years old. The WiFi was spotty (at least for me), the 3G service also had some issues -- lots of dropped calls. The big problem though is that as Apple improved IOS, IOS got bigger and required more resources to run -- resources that the 3GS does not have -- and the 3GS today has a hard time keeping up...

One final thought is that the 3GS was designed with the AT&T network in mind, so I don't know how well these older iPhones work on other networks. By this I am not referring to the need to jailbreak them or anything of the sort. I am referring to network compatibility. This may not be an issue -- I do not know. It's just something to think about...

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote