Feeling at Home

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (17)
PL
jkim05 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Headphone help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
So you don't own a pair... have you tried them? How many of "lots of people" did you ask?

Granted that I did not pay for mine but the headphones are hands down one of the best headphones I've used.

btw price equals quality is absolutely ______ I'm sure you get it. Like most things.
I've tried them, they're actually not bad, and they're way better than what most people are used to listening to, it's just that there are many headphones at lower price points which are considered by most experienced listeners to be much better, and many at much lower price points which most people would not be able to hear a difference in. Many people like them, and if you can afford them, who cares?

The thing that gets lost often in this discussion is headphone amps. A good headphone amp will make all music sound way better, and if you're carrying around a big pair of over the ears anyways, a little headphone amp isn't a big addition. It'll rock your world if you've never listened to your headphones through a real amp. For my money, there are a few cheaper headphones than the beats that look way cooler, imo, and coupled with a decent headphone amp would blow them out of the water, so my money would go that route, but I'm not hating on those that can and choose to afford beats. That being said, just check out head-fi, Beats are probably the most contentious discussion, lol.

If anyone is interested in a quick buyer's guide, I'm not endorsing the opinions, but just linking a resource some people might find useful, since the people who wrote it generally know what they're talking about. http://www.head-fi.org/t/618255/chec...2-buying-guide
jkim05 is offline   Reply With Quote