markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Re: Back pain. Do you have it?

Preaching to the choir, my friend...

I was hit by a car in high school and that has left me with a messed up back. I also did in a disc when I tried to keep a motorcycle from falling over after I put it on the center stand (hint: let it fall - it's cheaper in the long run).

Yoga helps me quite a bit as do trunk strengthening exercises. I don't do gym workouts because of badly destroyed knees from playing too much soccer with people who thought that they were better than they were.

Since I spend serious dollars on a well fit chair (from Relax the Back, duno if they are still in business), I'm way down on the chronic pain. I still see a chiro at least once a year since I tend to have ribs pop out from time to time. When I twist, I can imitate a popcorn popper.

Just started glucosamine + condroitin + msm so it is still too early to tell how that will help, but it seems to help my chronic hand pain (dislocated all the bones in my right hand in a motorcycle accident).

But mostly I eat right, have a good mattress, and drink loads of water (strange how much that helps). Long walks (4-6 miles) during good weather is what keeps me sane.

I've been told that getting old ain't for sissies.