View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #33
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fathers Day ~ 1st time Smoking

You know you asked a question that I missed, and although I am not the best to answer it since I don't own
a Brinkmann or a Smokey Mountain, I WILL say that these people PACK those things, I would not fret about
chicken being "too much". YOU DO need some places for the smoke to be able to circulate, but Brinkmann
users are masters of efficient use of space. The only warning I would extend is if you have never done it
before, there is no sense in spending a lot of money on meat to try it out. Then again, if it's a home run,
you'd like to have more meat to show for it, lol. Remember as well that while smoked chicken is good,
not much smoke gets past that skin. And the skin is leathery, not crispy when you are done, unless you
give it a good crisping over the coals on a grill or in the oven. It's still good though. Wonderful in fact.

I guess I would get some chicken and check and see if there is anything beefy in the 'reduced for quick
sale' rack. What's there isn't always best for smoking, but you still have to look, lol. A lot of times you can
find 'Western Style Pork Ribs" which are to DIE FOR off the smoker! Great beginner's meat, too. MOST
important is to remember to take good pics. We live for em on the "what's in your smoker" thread. AND HAVE FUN!
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote