View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Project Of The Day : Desktop Thermoelectric Winadors

I finally got the shop done and I'm ready to get down to business.
I did a couple little projects to get used to my new tools, and now I'm starting a little bigger one for the same reason.
I'm simply pimping out a half dozen Fridgidaire Thermoelectric Desktop Winadors.
There will be four drawers in each, capacity will be over 200 robustos. Actually, it'll handle 192 6" sticks, I do believe. I figured it out roughly yesterday. It all depends on how you arrange stuff, of course, but the trays are of nice size and they're a nice capacity.
I plan to work in some spanish cedar, humidity control, a good hygrometer/thermometer, etc. They'll arive to new owners ready to plug in and fill with sticks. No cleaning, fetching extra stuff, or seasoning.

I built the prototype drawer yesterday to get my dimensions down, and I built the first drawer frame. The drawer fronts will get cherry, chestnut, oak, or zebrawood fronts and some sort of drawer pulls. Basically whatever I have laying around.

I'm not sure of the particular particulars yet, I won't know exactly what I'm going to do until I do it.

One thing I'm doing that I've not done in the past is to make the drawers interchangeable in place. Usually I'll make them custom to maximize room, and the drawers have to go back in their specific glides. I'm making these so that they'll all go anywhere and can be replaced if the dog eats one.

This morning I have to build a jig for assembly, otherwise it'll take me forever to build all these drawers. Wish me luck on that. I've been thinking on it since last night and I got nothing.

Anyways, a couple pics...

Most all the pieces...

The first usable drawer...