View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #504
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What are you roasting today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAZ View Post
Sumatra Lintong Tano Batak

This stuff was weird to roast. For starters, the beans were large and a darker shade of green. The roast time seemed to be fairly long and I roasted into the start of 2nd crack shooting for FC+. Although I still have some chaff in the cracks, the beans are nearly black, very expanded and some have some chunks missing from them, as if it's closer to a French. Anyone have any experience with Sumatra? Is it normal for the beans to have a darker shade?
I had similar experiences with this bean. I couldn't get mine to 2nd crack in the hot air popper. First batch I did barely made any sound for first crack, just one big pop, then not much else.