View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
codeyf

Default Re: New cigar room in Seattle?

This is not Bill. I emailed back and forth with Brian Thompson who is heading up this lounge. As mentioned, it is attached to the Urban Enoteca restaurant and wine bar. I don't really know how it would work, given that they've got employees and that is a no-no with our smoking ban. Here are some items that are NOT allowed in the lounge, as pulled from the agreement terms:

- No alcohol
- No food
- No swearing
- No cell phone usage

That's right, those things are NOT allowed in the lounge. Cost wise, it's a few bucks (ie < $10 less) a month than Vertigo. Upon initial opening, lounge hours will mirror those of the restaurant:

monday - tuesday closed
wednesday - thursday 4 - 9 pm
friday 4 - 11 pm
saturday 12 - 11 pm
sunday 10 am - 5 pm

However the plan is to eventually allow 24hr access. Some details about the space:

The lounge is a ventelated area with Wifi, private access, and TV. Your membership will come with a private locker and the overall space is about 400 sqft (it is a 20'x 20' space). The phase two contruction will be a 1200sqft outdoor covered and heated area with fire pit.

I'm all for additional lounge options, but I honestly don't see how they will succeed. I did hear some rumblings about the possible club/lounge at Lake Union Cigar Society that sounded pretty promising...