View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #18
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I need some serious motivation.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCat View Post
Look around. You dont see a lot of morbidly obese old people. .
Never thought about it like that. Dang.

Cat is right in that it's all up to you. That sounds like a cliche', but the expression "quitting smoking is easy,
I've done it a hundred times" is so very true. My family asked me, begged me to stop. We all saw my dad
die of cancer after smoking most of his adult life. To them, that was all the motivation I should ever need.
But until I was wheezing going up stairs, and couldn't catch my breath at all when I was sick with the flu or
whatever, I never realized that emphysema was finally here. I had been arranging a date with it my whole life,
but finally the car had been brought around.

For once, it was MY IDEA. Giving up a nice bong hit now and again was TOUGH, but no sooner did I put down
the bong, I wanted a cigarette. So that had to go too. So again, Cat is telling the truth. It begins when you
finally realize your mortality and you give a crap about it to the degree where no sacrifice is too big for your
well being.

As far as your original question that Cat pointed out rightly no one really answered, you need the
fullest size mirror you can buy, several really, and put them where you can't avoid seeing yourself. My bathroom
mirror, the only mirror in the house, only shows my head, barely my shoulders. When I was dressing after a shower
in a motel last year, I almost barfed. What you see straight on is nothing like what you see when you look down,
and it affects the brain. You need to see your full self, floor to ceiling, head to toe. That can be a good motivator.

Last edited by OLS; 04-21-2012 at 11:00 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote