View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
Whee
formerly illinoishoosier

First Name: Sean
Trading: (17)
Partagas
Whee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to beholdWhee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I need some serious motivation.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

This i the site I use to help. Lots of good info and I use it as a food diary, exercise diary and weight loss tracker. And us te app for my Droid.

Keeping a food journal was a big help for me. I was taking in 4000 to 5000 calories on average daily with little to no exercise. I am now down to between 1500 and 2000 calories a day and I exercise about an hour a day, 5 or 6 days a week.

Dropped 25 pounds by shifting to eating serving sizes, and exercising an hour or so a day. I started with a 20 minute walk around the block.

I also enlisted the help of three "motivators" here on the asylum. I sent them a weekly update for about three months with all the good and the bad. Sometimes a "Good Job" is all you need.

I still fall off the wagon now and then, but feel better than ever.

Good Luck!!