Sauer Grapes
Snatchin' yo people up

Trading: (44)
Cohiba
Sauer Grapes has disabled reputation
Default Re: Are these fake??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkns View Post
Today I went there and asked for the box of DC 2003 EL and they will get it ready for me. I will know since I still have an original box. According to his story, a tour operator to Cuba is bringing cigars using his customers 50 cigar permit. If one to come from another country can bring in 50 cigars with him according to Turkish customs rule as personal item. That is how I get my American cigars. My friends from states bring in 2 boxes every time they visit me. I told him my friends find it extremely hard to believe that Cohiba 2003 DC EL is real. We will see. My intention was not to start an argument but there are legit cigars even in Turkey and no LCDH.
A few things...

I wonder what he means by "get the box ready" for you? It's possible he has cigars stored elsewhere, but I wonder why he doesn't have them displayed in the box. Do you think he's searching for a legit box right now?

Also, an awful lot of fakes (in our country at least) come with stories about getting them directly from someone in Cuba that has a connection, or something like that. Doesn't mean they're not real, but I tend to think "stories" offered to prove authenticity warrant more skepticism.

On a related note... thanks for posting this. I thought I remembered having one in the humi, and I just confirmed it. I had no idea they were so highly sought after. I hope my expectations aren't too high now with this knowledge.
Sauer Grapes is offline   Reply With Quote