Thread: Is it me?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #54
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is it me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
MJ, you have I have shared a bunch of cigars together. As you said, sometimes we agree. In fact, I'd say more often than not.

I know that my taste buds are different, and that I need to enjoy what I am smoking, and smoke what I enjoy.

I am not worried about it, but I am curious about it though. I just wanted to start a thread to discuss it a bit to see if there might be a reason for it.

I wonder if there might be correlations to other things? Do people that like hot, spicy, burn-your-mouth-out food, also like the stronger cigars?

I cannot speak for others, but I am one of those who love that type of spice. In fact, I find there are things I can eat that cause others to ask, "Are you really enjoying that? How can you even feel your tongue, must less taste anything?" And yet, I am not a big fan of Cains, LFD DLs, and some of the other kick-your-@$$-strong cigars.

And yet, there are some cigars out there that others think are too strong and/or spicy which I just love.

I don't know the correlation, but I'd like to figure it out.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
And I think that makes you different than a good number of cigar smokers. Some people like strong spicy cigars for the simple sake that they are strong and spicy. (And one-dimensional).

I'm sure there are correlations to what our food preferences are to what our cigar/alcohol preferences are.

Here's one question for you: have you ever had food that may have been very spicy/hot but didn't care for it because of the flavor? I would venture to say you have.