Thread: Is it me?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #51
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is it me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
Like has been said in probably every post before mine, "different strokes, for different folks."

I can understand where you are coming from Todd. At times we share the same tastes and 100% agree on flavors and subtleties (anejos, padrons, and coronados for example) and others we disagree (illusiones).

Is it a novice vs. veteran issue? Is it an issue of taste buds? Is it because you've been smoking longer than I have been alive and are just stuck in a nostalgic rut?

It may be all of them. Personally I think the best part of cigar smoking is the variety. There is literally a cigar out there for everyone. So you don't like LPs enough to buy them all up? Fine, here's a Coronado Double Toro I know you love. (Wish I actually had one to give to you! )

Cigars are hyped for many reasons. Whether it be due to reputation of the brand/manufacturer, a good marketing scheme, the the cigar itself is actually everything everyone says it is; the hype is often muddled.

Don't worry about "missing something". We all miss the flavors our tongues weren't meant to taste. As long as you give it a shot you've done your utmost for trying.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. In short: YES it is you, but don't sweat it. Life's too short to worry about it.

Shalom.
MJ, you have I have shared a bunch of cigars together. As you said, sometimes we agree. In fact, I'd say more often than not.

I know that my taste buds are different, and that I need to enjoy what I am smoking, and smoke what I enjoy.

I am not worried about it, but I am curious about it though. I just wanted to start a thread to discuss it a bit to see if there might be a reason for it.

I wonder if there might be correlations to other things? Do people that like hot, spicy, burn-your-mouth-out food, also like the stronger cigars?

I cannot speak for others, but I am one of those who love that type of spice. In fact, I find there are things I can eat that cause others to ask, "Are you really enjoying that? How can you even feel your tongue, must less taste anything?" And yet, I am not a big fan of Cains, LFD DLs, and some of the other kick-your-@$$-strong cigars.

And yet, there are some cigars out there that others think are too strong and/or spicy which I just love.

I don't know the correlation, but I'd like to figure it out.

Peace of the Lord be with you.