View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
Alabaster Frank

Default Mold On Sealed Cigars?

Hello everyone, I'm new to the cigar smoking world... actually, I would consider myself very inexperienced due to the fact that the only cigars I smoke are Backwoods. I've been ordering my cigars online and having them delivered to my home. I opened several sealed packages to find a few of the cigars with a white film on them. After lots of research about plume, bloom, mold... I'm even more lost. I called and emailed the company I did business with and they said it wasn't mold if it can be wiped off. I Used the "rub test" method and the cigars wipe clean, no smudging or stains left behind. I've been reading here and lots of people say if it looks hairy, then it's mold. Well this stuff looks kinda hairy and powdery and wipes off very easily. A few even have this substance on the foot, which other people say plume doesn't form on the foot. Two weeks ago, I placed all of the cigars from the 4 packages I opened in a sealed ziploc bag... since then, they haven't gotten "worse" or "better". The same. What is this stuff and what should I do? Smoke or throw away? Safe or not? Can mold grow inside a factory sealed package? Thank you very much for taking the time to hear me out. Have a wonderful evening.