Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation
Default Re: The journey from 260 to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
We have the same weakness.. snacks. I tried giving them up, it just doesnt work. Same time frame problem for me as well.

Some things I did which you might try.

1. Changed the snacks. Added a lot of diversity, but lower calorie options. Everything from pickles, sugar free jello, fruit and yougurt (the combination is filling and tasty), nuts, 100 calorie snacks are good but you end up eating a bunch of them. Try and limit each itme to 1. If you need more eat a different snack. I set a upper threshold for the snacking that fits within a daily calorie number. For example, since I like to snack eat fewer calories for L,D so that there are 4-600 calories in the plan for snacking.

2. Water, water, water. When I snack, I force myself to drink a glass of water with each snack. Seems to prevent the "going deep" urge.

3. The deadly time window - that 8-12 period where you can just get in the grazing mode. The best solution I have found is to do my exercise around 8:30 or 9. Including prep and clean-up it burns an hour and a half of the danger zone.
I do those Jello Chocolate Decadence cups at 60 calories. I too do the water thing. I keep a 24oz jug with me at work and go through 3 before 5:00 and then have 2-3 16oz glasses when I get home. The snack thing is easy unless I'm under a lot of stress as I'm a stress eater.

MCS