Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malazan View Post
If you want a 1911 for range use, almost any will do. If it's something you want for your own protection. You need to spend some money to get into a descent self defense pistol, (Speaking about 1911's). For 5 to 6 hundred dollars you can get into a glock or XD

For a defensive piece, I'd start looking at the Springfield Loaded series, STI makes some good guns, Les Baer, Dan Wesson Valor series, Smith & Wesson(Even with the external extractor)

1911's are fickle guns, they need to be put together well to function, and be maintained to a high level. Were I can shoot 10k rounds through my glock and never clean it, and then throw it in the floor of my truck and know I can use it in an instant.

I would never treat my 1911 like that. I clean it once a week, whether I shoot it or not. And I always make sure the parts are functioning correctly. It's my carry weapon, so I have to trust my life to it.

1911's are sweet, but take some time to become proficient with. And you must be willing to invest some time to learning the safe carry and handling of a single action semi-auto. And the care and maintenance of this weapon.

But they are sweet....

If something requires that much upkeep and is so prone to failure if its not taken care of exceedingly well then why trust your life with it?