View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #54
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Any Pitbull owners here?

I damn near got knocked over by a Pit when I went to a house to do an estimate the other day.

He was so excited to see me he was wagging his ass end so hard he literally almost took my knee out from under me. He followed me all over in and outside the house just nuzzling up against me. Like we were old friends except I had just met him.

That said - it's pretty rare that I go into a house with a Pit like that - most owners keep them in other rooms or outside/inside where ever I'm not.

My brother had a Pit for 8 years. Sweetest dog ever right up to the point that it damn near took the face off of his neighbor whom it had known all it's life - and she would dog sit him all the time. That was an expensive law suit.

Point is - it's really hit or miss with the breed in my opinion.

Several years ago my 20 something neighbor showed up at my door with a puppy pit. He wanted to ask me some questions. I asked him if this was his first dog ever - he said yes. I asked why a pit bull - answer: cause they are cool. His sister and mother were scared to death of the dog he said and his father just ignored it. I spent almost two hours going over puppy basic's, recommended some vets, etc. I then told him that when the dog got older and escaped his yard - I would shoot the thing no question about it.

Several days later the pit bull was gone and replaced with a Boston Terrier. Chico is the sweetest little Boston you ever saw - and the whole family loves him.

The right dog for the right family.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote