Simple Pleasures - 2oL

First Name: Albert
Trading: (111)
HUpmann
awsmith4 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any Pitbull owners here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
Some are, Some are far from it. But the breed remains the common denominator. The more responsible owners just make better excuses for the dogs behavior.
I think it's kind of a reckless statement to assume that everybody someone knows (in which you know none of the parties) is irresponsible.

You may like them...great, Might even be the pitbull whisperer cool. I'm only adding content from the 25 years I have had exposure to pit's and other aggressive breeds.
I'll stick with my, its the owner not the dog see below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluck View Post
Didn't you hear? It's always the owners fault.

I have tried to have a rational conversations with my in-laws after there (apparently mistreated,abused and untrained) POS killed my 8YO boys kitten.(the same dog don't kill there cats). It is a waste of time with argument I promise. Ignorance always wins to intelligence in this case. I just get tired of talking to a "wall".

And yes I'm sure the kitten's death was my fault as I likely didn't have it trained correctly to handle such a wonderful visiting animal.

Are these the same folks that are not irresponsible per your post above?

I believe the kitten's death would be the responsibility of the owner of the attacking dog...yes the owner. Imagine someone actually having to take responsibility for the actions of something they control and own. If a dog wandered onto my property and even so much as growled at my kids it would be dead. Dogs must be controlled at all times, if they get out and cause harm the owner should be fined or go to jail...I stick by my original post.

Last edited by awsmith4; 02-20-2012 at 12:38 PM.
awsmith4 is offline   Reply With Quote