Thread: LUJ Morpheus
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (23)
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough
Default Re: LUJ Morpheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudosacred View Post
I'm not too experiance, but I've never read anything about a cigar having a grassy, fresh-cut vegetable flavor. Is that a rarity? Sounds pretty interesting, though!
It's a good question.

When I describe the flavors or impressions I get from a cigar, I draw on years of cooking...and eating, of course!

I don't have formal training like Clancy (Bad Finger) but I have been cooking—well, I've been told—for almost all my life; first with my mom, who is a great cook, then during my marriage, since my ex didn't really like to cook, and then as a single man for the last 18 years. I love to experience every ingredient from its raw state to its harmonious part in my dishes. When I cut open a sweet pepper or a slice a bunch of asparagus, I take it all in; I try to remember the fragrance and taste it raw (if possible) to remember it by itself before adding it to the pot or the saucepan.

Same with non-edibles; when I cut the tips of the stems from fresh flowers, I always note the fragrance that generates and my perception of it, for example.

So, sometimes when smoking I'll note and call out an impression that's not necessarily a flavor, but more an overall impression that an ingredient once made on my senses...smell, taste and the way it fixes in my memory.

But when it's a flavor that is clear on my palate, I'll note that as well and incorporate it into my review.

On another note, does anyone know any more about the LUJ at present than I could find?