View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Proposed 2012 NFL Nike Jerseys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
You just don't get it.

Nike will pitch their uniforms to owners in the hopes they will purchase their designs. One team, one owner.

Can you imagine pitching a new uniform in Green Bay at the next owners meeting - 70,000 of them gathered in Lambeau? Do you really think you could get them to all agree on a design. Or, that you could get over 50% to agree on even changing the uniform?

Ever been to a congregational voter's meeting? If not, forget it, you'd never understand.

It isn't worth the effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
Those 70,000 Green Bay owners have no say what so ever in what the team does. Just a piece of paper.

Plus Nike will decide how they will be made but that's it. Each NFL team decides their own logo, and then the NFL approves it. Has nothing at all to do with who makes the uniform. Although this is a good time for a team to change anything. The Panthers have already posted on their website today they have a new logo for next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattso3000 View Post
Not that I don't "get it". These are fake and that was a joke.
Got that it was a fake - and that it was a joke - so was my commentary. I know they don't decide anything. They do have meetings where the "owners" are asked to show up and voice their opinions. They are listened to, and some things have come out of those meetings.

I can see where my comments, "Ever been to a congregational voter's meeting? If not, forget it, you'd never understand. It isn't worth the effort."
would possibly get misconstrued.

In a congregational VM, they sit and talk topics to death. Too often, decisions cannot be made because there is no consensus. Unless you've been to one, it is hard to understand. They'd never do a jersey change by vote, for it would be too difficult - "It isn't worth the effort."

Like I said, I knew it was all a joke. I had a voter's meeting yesterday - I was making fun of that, venting my frustration with how a portion of that went, but doing it here and...

OK, so it didn't go over well here. And, most missed my humor. I wasn't directing any negativity to anybody here, was trying to add to the levity.

Hey, if you gotta explain it, it isn't funny. So, enough explanation.

Forgive me, please.