YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cheap Smoke Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRider View Post
The $1.25/stick Factory Throwouts 99 is a 7.25x52. The wrapper has an even medium brown color with a few medium heavy veins. The cap is a little wonky, but does the job. Pre-light, the wrapper has a sweet aroma - it reminds me of Swiss Miss cocoa mix. The cigar has 2 or 3 soft spots, but no hard ones. The cigar started out dull and tasteless, but after about an inch some nice flavors started to kick in. As I noted earlier, there is a hint of sweetness and vanilla in there, as well as some floral flavors. Now I am near the halfway point and the flavor is mild-medium and has become a little more cedar. The quantity of smoke is acceptable. The ash is moderately flaky with a broad mixture of light gray and almost black areas. Draw has been about right and the burn has been very even. No relights yet and it is holding a reasonably good ash. The room note (aroma in the room) is nice - it doesn't stink like a cheap cigar - and also has a vanilla note to it. I'm thinking it has some vanilla flavor added...but I could be wrong...I've not run across that flavor before, so I am thinking it is part of the "non-tobacco ingredients" they talk about in the fine print. Overall, it is very smokeable. I'm diggin' it just fine. I would choose this stick over the similarly priced sticks I've had. One feature about the packaging I like is the cello - it has a pull strip that actually works. I wouldn't mind seeing that feature on my regular lineup of smokes. So, for the guys in this thread who suggested it, thanks, and I agree for a uber-cheap stick it is an okay smoke in my book.
Welcome.
Please post in the New Inmate forum and introduce yourself. Tell us a bit about yourself and life in Tulsa Okla-iowa.