View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
mariogolbee

Default Re: Netflix, Talk Me Into It.....

Nick, I won't try and talk you into anything, but I have enjoyed Netflix streaming. I can stream on my iTouch, iPhone, Nintendo 3DS, Xbox 360, blu-ray player, laptop, and on my desktop iMac. The only problem is that I can't stream on more than one device at the same time. However, I can watch Prison Break on my TV with the BR or 360, go the restroom and continue it on my iPhone, iTouch, or 3DS, and then finish it on my iMac while I'm in bed trying to fall asleep.

I have it primarily for the shows, although there are still some good movies to be had. I have kept the service primarily to watch Star Trek episode across the different ST shows. Each of those seasons costs a pretty penny and renting them on DVD anywhere simply isn't efficient or cost effective.

As far as HD goes, Netflix reads your device (or something like that) and detects the quality of picture and streaming speed your devices will allow. I have seen pretty high quality picture for most of what I have watched.

I did find it frustrating the other night, because I couldn't find the "heist" flicks I had an itch to watch. Then I remembered this isn't why I have the service anyway.

These are just some observations from my own experience. Do what you will. I'm probably going to cancel my service because I find it too distracting.