View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default A quick reminder

Had an interesting conversation today. OK, interesting is a nice way of describing the conversation. I dealt with someone who was really hurting because of having to take a pay cut, and having lost a loved one in the past year. They have been seriously struggling to "put on a happy face," as I was told. They hadn't talked to anybody, they didn't want to bring other people down, "it is the wrong time of the year to bring others down into my misery."

To all on CA, I know your hearts - I know your care and concern for others. I know it shows here, but I am guessing it is more about who each of you is and is a part of your whole life.

Please, keep your eyes open. All around us are people in pain, and this time of the year really seems to take a toll on people. But this time of the year also kind find us busier than normal.

Let's not get so wrapped up in ourselves and the busy-ness of the season that we lose track of those around us.

I am thankful that this individual came to talk to me, but unfortunately there are many, very many, who will not seek out professional help in their distress. And, they may cover it up so well that others don't see their pain. Depression can be a heavy burden, in fact, it can be a killer - literally.

If you know someone who has undergone some serious stress this past year (lost a loved one, was down-sized, etc...) take a moment and talk to them, see how they are doing. You may make a difference in someone's life.

Thanks for listening.

Peace of the Lord be with you.