Thread: Bcs - wtf 2011
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:46 AM   #70
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Bcs - wtf 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Here are my thoughts, and they're pretty simple, really. When we lost the LSU game, I said we're out of it. Done. Like dinner. Game over. Nobody's fault but ours. And if everyone else would have held up their end of the bargain there would be no arguing over it, we wouldn't even be in the conversation. But they didn't. Stanford loses. Oregon loses. Oklahoma State went out and lost to a 6-6 team and then their crowning achievement was beating an Oklahoma team that finished with three losses? Why is that impressive? All those teams had to do was win and you wouldn't hear a peep from me because it was our fault that we lost.

And really, to try and put this "tragedy" into the equation is cheap and a sickening attempt by the media to try and garner manufactrured sympathy. What about the tornadoes that came through Alabama and damn near demolished Tuscaloosa, killed hundreds of people, including a football player's girlfriend, or the death of one our starters right before the season started? I don't recall hearing any of the pundits mentioning those "tragedies" when it came time to cast votes. That's just classless, IMO, andthose people should be ashamed of themselves.

Now, let's say OK State had won out, or Stanford. My "bias" would tell me that I think we're still a better team, but we wouldn't have a chance to prove it. So we'd probably head to the Sugar Bowl wondering about what might have been. And hoping that we get a chance to get back there again someday.
That really skirted the real question, but again, I feel you are so biased, I thought it would be difficult at best. No big deal....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote